(London, United Kingdom | Tuesday, November 18, 2014) – Harry McLeman (8-2) is the newest addition to the Cage Warriors Fighting Championship roster.
McLeman has penned a deal which will see him compete exclusively for CWFC for five bouts over a minimum period of 18 months. A native of Plymouth in the south of England, McLeman will make his debut in the promotion’s 185lbs division in 2015.
“Cage Warriors is by far the best show in Europe,” said McLeman, who turned 28 last week. “I’m looking forward to competing with some of the best fighters in the game and taking that belt.”
Currently riding a three-fight win streak, McLeman most recently clinched the British middleweight title for BAMMA, a leading domestic promotion in the UK.
McLeman is ranked as one of the UK’s top ten middleweights outside the UFC, and has taken six of his eight professional wins inside the distance – four by submission, two via (T)KO.
Cage Warriors CEO Graham Boylan said: “We’re very pleased to be welcoming Harry to Cage Warriors and I’m looking forward to seeing what impact he can make next year on what’s shaping up to be a very exciting middleweight division.”
CAGE WARRIORS FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP is Europe’s leading and longest-running mixed martial arts promotion. An Irish-owned brand with offices in the UK, Ireland and Jordan, CWFC is the sport’s fastest-growing organisation, having staged 80 events in 12 countries across three different continents since its establishment in 2002. Home to some of biggest stars of MMA’s past, present and future, Cage Warriors’ broadcast footprint spans 140 million homes worldwide via a network of partners that includes Channel 4, FOX Sports, ESPN, Viasat and Setanta Sports.