Brave 12: KHK Legacy hosted in Jakarta, Indonesia concluded after bringing multiple unique elements into the table by Brave Combat Federation. The fight night featured multiple athletes from Dagestan making their debut with Brave Combat Federation backed by none other than Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov, father and coach of Khabin Nurmagomedov. Eldar Eldarov returned to the cage after a year of absence to dominate three rounds against Brian Hooi to secure a unanimous victory.
KHK MMA Bahrain also competed in numbers being supported by His Highness Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa in the corner. Gamzat Magomedov, Marat Magomedov and Akhmat Magomedov represented the KHK MMA Bahrain at the promotion. All three of them surprised the opponents with the wrestling skills to pick up victories.
In the co-main event, Jarrah Al- Selawe fought a tough battle to make a comeback which secured him a unanimous decision over Tahar Hadbi. The rest of the fight card showcased unpredictable outcomes for most of the fights. In a shocking fashion, both the high profile ex-UFC fighters signed by Brave Combat Federation faced defeat at the hands of emerging talents. Mehdi Baghdad was overwhelmed by the wrestling game showcased by Pawel Kielek. The fight went the distance where judges decided unanimously for Keilek to be the winner.
At the same time, Mafra who started the bout with vicious low kicks, was finished with a low kick by Gadzhimusa Gaziev. Mafra gave up the fight on a verbal submission which is expected to rake controversies in the coming days. Local star, Vincent Majid dominated three rounds to win the bout unanimously while Bahrain’s superstar Hamza Kooheji was submitted by Khalid Taha in the second round.
John Brewin and Kaan Ofli from Bali MMA also made a splash at Brave Combat Federation with upsetting victories over IMMAF medalist – Hardeep Rai and Team Lakay sensation, Jeremy Pacatiw respectively. The bout also showcased the debut of Bahrain’s IMMAF medalist, Hussain Ayyad. Ayyad faced Jomar Pa-ac from Team Lakay. Ayyad scored a TKO victory to start his career.
7 out of 12 fights went the distance for judges to determine the outcome. The promotion had incredibly improved the standards of refereeing for which it had received criticism in earlier editions. Brave Combat Federation has announced the upcoming event in Belfast, Northern Ireland on 9th June, 2018 at the SSE Arena.
Brave 12: KHK Legacy Results
- Lightweight: Eldar Eldarov defeated Brian Hooi by unanimous decision
- Welterweight: Jarrah Al Selawe defeated Tahar Hadbi by unanimous decision
- Welterweight: Pawel Kielek defeated Mehdi Baghdad by unanimous decision
- Light Heavyweight: Vincent Majid defeated Jing Yi Chong by unanimous decision
- Featherweight: Khalid Taha defeated Hamza Kooheji by submission in the second round
- Featherweight: Marat Magomedov defeated Luke Adams by unanimous decision
- Catchweight: Gadzhimusa Gaziev defeated Leonardo Mafra by verbal submission in the first round
- Catchweight: Akhmed Magomedov defeated Anthony Engelen by submission in the second round
- Lightweight: John Brewin defeated Hardeep Rai by TKO in the second round
- Catchweight: Kaan Ofli defeated Jeremy Pacatiw by by unanimous decision
- Flyweight: Hussain Ayyad defeated Jomar Pa-ac by TKO in the third round
- Bantamweight: Gamzat Magomedov defeated Zeck Lange by unanimous decision